2012-2013 Lecture Series
- Impact Investing: Maximizing Social Impacts through Ethical Capital - What's Possible?, Dr. Edward Jackson, School of Public Policy and Administration, Carlton University.
- Ethical Use of the Common, a CBC 1 interview with David Steuwe of Dalhousie University's Schools of Public Affairs and Business.
- 2013 CCEPA Annual Lecture, Phil Fontaine, Former National Chief of the Assembly of First Nations.
- The Ethics of Protest: Who Gets Heard and How?, Dr. Robert Huish, Assistant Professor, Department Of International Development Studies, Dalhousie University.
- Is There Room at the Inn? Religious Celebration in Secular Settings, A panel discussion exploring if the public display of religious belief - or its absence - is for the common good.
- Ethics in Development, A panel discussion on ethical decision making in development in Nova Scotia.
- The Story of Mr. Wright, A Globe Theatre and 2b Theatre Company co-production presented in Association with Eastern Front Theatre.
- The Marshall Lecture in Public Philosophy: The Dilemmas of Protecting Religious Freedom Today, Dr. Avigail Eisenberg, Department of Political Science, University of Victoria.
2011-2012 Lecture Series
- View the 2011-2012 CCEPA Annual Report
- Touching the Wounds: A Theological Reflection on Remorse, Reconciliation and the Catholic Church in the Pedophilia Crisis, Dr. David Deane, Professor of Theology, Atlantic School of Theology.
- Profit vs Social Responsibility in 2012: Lessons and Changes, A panel of business leaders and academia will discuss social corporate responsibility, ethical leadership and fair governance practices.
- THE ELEMENTS: Ethical Uses of our Resoureces: Food, Oil & Water
- Food Ethical Issues in Agriculture: Organic, Locavore and Genetic Modification. Keynote: Dr. R. Paul Thompson; Respondents: Dr. Rylan Higgins, Dr. Bohdan L. Luhovyy, Dr. Tarjei Tennesen.
- Carbon and the Oceans: When Oil and Water Mix. Keynote: Alanna Mitchell, author of Sea Sick.
- The Master Resource: Oil and the New Servitude. Keynote: Andrew Nikiforuk, author of Tar Sands: Dirty Oil and the Future of a Continent.
- Ending Life-Sustaining Treatment for Children: Decision-Making When Health Providers and Parents/Patients Disagree, Joan Gilmour.
- Ethics and Social Media: Blurring the Boundaries in the Virtual World, Amy Thurlow and Heidi Weigand.
- Dalhousie Health Law Institute. Euthanasia: New Prosecutorial Guidelines. Keynote: Penney Lewis, Professor of Law at the School of Law and Centre of Medical Law and Ethics at King's College, London.
- SMU Annual Lecture in Public Philosophy, Dr. Clarence Sholé Johnson, Professor, Department of Philosophy, Middle Tennessee State University
- How to Build a Human. Newfoundland event in collaboration with genome Atlantic at Geo Johnson Centre, Signal Hill, St. John's, Newfoundland. Discussants: Dr. Daryl Pullman, Dr. Kathleen Hodgkinson, Dr. David Thompson
2010-2011 Lecture Series
- View the 2010-2011 CCEPA Annual Report
- Canadian Business Ethics Research Network 2011 Annual Conference
- Ethics in Business:
- Corporate Governance - Challenging the Basic Assumptions, Edward J. Waitzer
- Science and Its Publics
- Science and the Media: Lost in Translation. Panelists: Dr. David Secko, Dr. Mary Anne White, Pauline Dakin; Moderator: Jay Ingram
- Frankenstein in the Public Sphere: Science and the Virtue of Sociability in the British Enlightenment. Keynote: Dr. Jan Golinski; Respondent: Monique Morgan
- Provenance and the Role of the Public Museum: How the Life Stories of Artifacts Challenge Traditional Accounts of Science and History. Keynote: Dr. David Pantalony; Respondents: Robert Bean, Dr. Ted Cavanagh
- Access Denied: Medicine, Trust, and Experimental Treatments. Keynote: Dr. Jonathan Kimmelman; Panelists: Dr. Kerry Bowman, Dr. Daniel Selchen, Dr. Anthony Lang
- Facing Uncertainty: Who is Destined for Alzheimer's Disease? Keynote: Dr. Margaret Lock; Edmonton Respondent: Alex Choby; Calgary Respondents: Dr. David Hogan, Dr. Marc Ereshevsky
- Sex and The Citizen
- Reinventing the Sexual Contract: Ethical Questions About Sex, Marriage, and Autonomy, Dr. Laurie Shrage
- Sex Goes to Market: What Would Decriminalized Prostitution Look Like?, Dr. Melissa Ditmore
- Sex and National Security: Of Purge Campaigns & Fruit Machines, Dr. Gary Kinsman
- Children's Sexuality: What Are We Afraid Of?, Judith Levine
- The Annual Lecture in Public Philosophy:
- Evils & Inexcusable Wrongs, Dr. Claudia Card
- CCEPA Annual Lecture
- Fair Play? Ethics in Sport, Mark Tewkesbury
- Euthanasia in the Netherlands: Medical Practice and Societal Control, Hans Van Delden
2009-2010 Lecture Series
- View the 2009-2010 CCEPA Annual Report
- CCEPA presentation to the Mining Association of Nova Scotia on ''The Role Individuals Can Play in Forming Public Policy", Frank Schwartz
- The Annual Lecture in Public Philosophy:
- The Annual Lecture in Public Philosophy: Morality and Starvation, Dr. Joe Mendola
- CCEPA Annual Lecture
- Another View of Afghanistan: Ethical Contrasts, Hon. Flora MacDonald
- Trust in the New Sciences: 5 Part Series
- Engineering Selfhood in the 21St Century, Dr. Nikolas Rose
- Science Friction: Personalized Genomics and the Future of Medicine , Dr. Michael Hayden
- Nanomorphosis: The Future of the Body in the Age of Nanotechnology, Dr. Colin Milburn
- Mind the Gap: The Neurosciences and Their Determination to Explain the Human, Dr. Cornelius Borck
- Genes, Genomics and Human Nature, Dr. Evelyn Fox Keller
- Ethics in Business
- Adult Conversations: The Real Truth about NS's Economy, David Wheeler
- Ethics in Migration
- Reflecting Our National Vision through Immigration Policy, Tom Denton
2008-2009 Lecture Series
- View the 2008-2009 CCEPA Annual Report
- Trust in Education: 4 Part Series
- Is our education system doing what it's supposed to?, Paul Cappon
- Success and Failure in the Global Campaign for Education for All, Sir John Daniel
- High School Debate, Debaters
- Quality of Education: What Should We Know etc..., Dr. Bernard Shapiro
- Just in Time Series
- Human Rights & Free Speech: Commissions on Media, Krista Daley et al
- Can We Be Good Without God?, Eric Beresford et al
- Ethics in the Financial Markets, Greg Grice et al.
- The Burden of Climate Change on Women, Joanna Kerr
- Health Research? Implications of Pharmaceutical Industry
- CCEPA Annual Lecture:
- Re-Engaging Canadians in Democracy, Preston Manning
- Ethics in Business: 3 Part Series
- Powering the Green Economy: Solutions for Sustainable Prosperity, Toby Heaps
- Beyond Scandal: The Real Ethics Crisis in Business, R. Edward Freeman
- The Business of Giving: Investing in Your Community & Your Values, Dr. Michael Hall
- Sustainability Conversations Speaker Series
- The History of Sustainable Development: What's Old is New Again, Blair Feltmate
2007-2008 Lecture Series
- View the 2007-2008 CCEPA Annual Report
- Ethics in Business: 4 Part Series
- The Business Role in Economic Well-Being, Mark Anielski
- From Risk to Resilience: A New Vision for Canadian Business, Peter Robinson
- The Ethical Culture: Taking Compliance to the Next Level, John Dalla Costa
- Sustainable Development: An Investment or a Cost?, Dr. Blair Feltmate
- Trust in Freedom: 4 Part Series
- Trust in Freedom of Speech, A. Alan Borovoy
- Trust in Academic Freedom, James Turk
- Trust in Freedom of Artistic Expression, Robert Sirman
- Trust in Freedom to Express Belief, Dr. David Deane
2006-2007 Lecture Series
- View the 2006-2007 CCEPA Annual Report
- Trust in Science: 5 Part Series
- Setting The Scene: From Magician to Miracle-Maker, Dr. Steven Shapin
- The View From Within: Does Science Trust Itself?, Dr. David T. Scadden
- Inside Out: From the Test Tube to the Dinner Table, Dr. Janice Graham
- Whose Business is it Anyway? Science and the Corporate World, Dr. Ford Doolittle
- Science and the Public Trust, Dr. Sheila Jasanof
- Trust in Justice: 4 Part Series
- Trust in Criminal Justice, Ian Atkins et al
- Trust in family Justice, Mr. Justice George Czuterin
- Trust in Civil Justice, Colin MacDonald et al
- Madam Justice Rosalie Abella
2005-2006 Lecture Series